Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Earring Organizer with Aimee from Fancy Little Things

.
BIG news today friends. Sweet Verbena has its FIRST guest post! Aimee from Fancy Little Things is here today to show us how to make her fabulous earring organizer! 

I couldn't be more thrilled to introduce Aimee to you. Her blog has all kinds of great information. She is one of 7 authors . How cool is that? 7 different, unique ladies sharing about different topics. In addition to seeing Aimee's awesome crafty tutorials, you'll find great recipes, book reviews, marriage advice, and much much more. 

Take it away Aimee!
...

Hello Sweet Verbena Friends! I am so honored that this creative & inspiring girl is willing to share my little Earring Organized project with you all! Like you, I follow Katy because of her unique & simple tutorials to make small adjustments to my wardrobe – adding a little fun & flair to what I wear. I hope you enjoy this simple, inexpensive & lovely project. If you make one, please send me a photo to: Aimee@FancyLittleThings.com




So, let me tell you a little about me!
-  I am a Christian, stay at home momma to two sweet kiddos   {Jack is almost 4 & Abby is almost 2}  I am married to a stud – a Marine of 13 years {yes, one of those tall bald, handsome & sexy men in that striking blue on blue uniform}

-  Thanks to the Marines we’ve been living in NY about 3 hours from family BUT, now it’s time to head west and bask in the Southern California sun this fall
 
-    Before kids I was a fortune 500 professional recruiter in DC, wearing dark suits, tall heels, valeting my car and going to swanky meals with clients; life has CHANGED; and i wouldn’t want it any other
          way.  




-      I am the editor & projects author to a group of girls over at FancyLittleThings.com. We post {fancy little} projects, home & garden inspiration, tester-approved recipes, amazing book reviews & much more!
    In my “spare” time I design & develop websites, blogs, graphics and do a bit of writing at byAimee.com.





Here’s what we’re making today…



List of Materials:  Purchase a wooden frame {or use one that you already own} & take out the glass & backing
Craft wire
4 eyelet hooks
Pliers
Ruler




Step 1: Mark on your frame where you want to each wire to hang. Screw in the eyelet hooks {my frame is made out of wood and I used my strong handsome husband to screw in each hook}.



Step 2: … and then pull the wire through; twisting it around the hooks




Step 3: Tap a small nail in the wall where you want your earring organizer displayed & hang!




Thanks Aimee!


See how talented Aimee is?? I am all about simple, inexpensive projects like this one.  I don't know about you, but this is definitely on my to do list. I'll be out looking for frames this weekend! 

Make sure to check out Aimee's blog and the rest of her projects and show her some love!







...




SHARE:

3 comments

Li-Sha said...

i love this! my husband is always complaining about how i leave my earrings all over our very small bathroom haha. i just might have to make this tomorrow:)

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

very cute! if i ever do a craft show i should keep this in mind for ways to display my jewelry!!!

BruceDavis said...

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to look it over. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Wonderful blog and excellent design.
afrikanische Kleider online

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger templates by pipdig