Friday, July 15, 2011

Gryffindor Bow Tie Top




Oh yes I did. 






  Last night was the premiere of the final Harry Potter movie and we had our tickets purchased last week. I realized yesterday afternoon that I needed something to wear to the harry potter premiere. So I got some cheap gold fabric, maroon paint, and some gray knit, and got to work!



I wasn't the only one who had the bright idea of dressing up last night. There were of course Harrys,  Rons, Hermiones, a Luna Lovegood, and even a Voldemort! There were also a few scantily clad girls who seemed to think that a naughty school girl's halloween costume passed as Harry Potter wear. Not so much. 





 Boyfriend is the real Harry Potter fan. He's the reason I got into the series at all. We were 11 when the first movie came out, the same age as all the characters (we're young'ens I know), so we got to grow up with them. Bittersweet to see it all end. 










See the tutorial for this top here:






...

SHARE:

15 comments

Jeanine The Crafting Fiend said...

love it! I'm thinking I'll make one of these tops! and I hope to see the movie soon... it's harder when you need to find a babysitter.

madison avenue said...

haha super cute!! im sooo excited to see harry potter! im such a geek! haha. i love how you changed out the bow! i LOVE interchangeable things!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

haha I'm a youngin too :)

Kelli said...

I love it! The movie theater is too far away and I've turned into an old Mom who can't stay awake long enough to go to a midnight movie, but I'm a HP geek too. LOVED every book and have reread them again and again. When my babies were little, I read the books to them while I fed them. They didn't know the difference, but I did! Your shirt looks great and so perfect for the premiere!

mybeadifullife said...

so cute!!

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Well, you know I love it ;-) I feel kind of depressed at Harry Potter being over . . . I grew up with it, too, and although I got sad when the books were done, now I'm remembering all over gone that it's really over! At least you have a cute top to help deal with the pain ;-)

Barbara said...

I grew up with it as well, so of course, like you, I made a shirt for the finale (: I love yours!

Sara said...

That is such a great idea. The movie was awesome! I had to wait until tonight to see it. I can't stay up that late anymore.

Ashley Davis said...

Perfect idea! I wonder if I can pull off wearing this when I go see it next week or if that'd be awkward? ha!

Happy in red said...

Cute BF girl ;-) And I love love love your top! I really have to try it out at some point.
Esther.

Lacey Parr said...

I love that you are a HP fan :)

Kate said...

Super cute! I just came across your blog via Pinterest and I'm in love! I totally need to make the skirt from your tutorial soon!

Justine said...

This is so AWESOME! I loved the regular bow shirt and I love HP so this to me is amazing! You can be a super fan and stylish at the same time!

Unknown said...

love it! And those photos of you two are great! I haven't seen the movie yet, I'm going to wait a bit and then go see it when the theatre isn't so crowded, but it's killing me to wait!

Natasha said...

so cute! You are adorable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger templates by pipdig