Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Guest Post: Polka Dots and Puppies!

Have you guys heard of the awesome blog Polka Dots and Puppies? What first grabbed me when I visited Rachel's site was her adorable blog design. I LOVE that she loves Boston Terriers. My mom has one and he is the craziest, spunkiest, yet most-loveable dog I've ever known. But more than that, Rachel has some awesome DIY ideas. She's sharing one with us today! 


Let's hear from Rachel...


Hello there, awesome friends of Katy!  I'm over-the-moon excited to be hanging here at Sweet Verbena today.  I first stumbled onto Katy and her crafty cuteness a few months ago, and I've been smitten with her clever projects ever since. I'm Rachel, a once upon a time fashion designer turned children's librarian, turned stay-at-home mama to two sweet and curious boys, and the world's cutest Boston Terrier.



I write an itsy-bitsy blog called Polkadots and Puppies. I love adorable kiddo parties, cuppycakes, children's picture books, pinwheels, and hoarding-ahem, I mean collecting, yummy sewing and crafty supplies.

 Like a lot of  you I'll bet, I have oodles upon oodles of ribbons, laces, trims, fabric scraps, and about a bazillion buttons in my stash. But buttons-oh glorious BUTTONS! - are, by far, my favorite goodies to collect. I'm especially partial to the yummy, sparkly, vintage-y variety of crystal buttons. I just adore the way these beautiful little ladies can be used in endless ways to add interesting details to SO many things. I've been known to snatch up an otherwise hideous thrift store sweater for the sole purpose of salvaging its lovely buttons. Does anyone else do this?! If you're not so lucky scoring some beauties while thrifting, etsy is a great place to find gorgeous buttons. I'm so happy to be here to share my 'jewel jar cardigan' DIY with you. This is a super easy way to fancify that boring cardi that's getting no love in your closet. Simply pop off the plain buttons and add a variety of colorful crystal buttons in different shapes and sizes.


That is IT. Easy-peasy, right?! Go grab your jar of buttons, ladies! ;) 
Thanks for having me, Katy!  It was a real treat.
-Love and sparkles,
Rachel
SHARE:

10 comments

~~anna~~ said...

What a cute idea! So easy, but truly gives a whole new life to a tired old sweater. Thanks!

ThePaintedPisces said...

Oh that is so adorable and whimsical. I love it. I WISH I had oodles of buttons!

Allyson McGuire said...

These are such great ideas! I think I have a new blog to be following!

Thanks for sharing
Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cute idea!

Rachel {polkadots and puppies} said...

Thanks again for having me, Katy. You're an absolute sweetheart ;)

Unknown said...

please keep sharing of knowledges with us.Thanks a lot for your great posting.


Click here:- Web design nz

Amber said...

Rachel I'm sad to be stumbling upon things from your blog years later, but was wondering if you still had the food cards you used for the Very Hungry Caterpillar party and wouldn't mind sharing them?

Anonymous said...

Venus Modular kitchen in chennai is the best option for your interior and kitchen projects. Some of the add on products are crockery and dining table as well.

Anonymous said...

Are you thinking about master healthcheck, our packages starts from Rs 199/ We are awarded as the Best scan centre chennai.

Ganesh said...

Your content look very good and really appreciate your effort, i need more content like this please share one by one.

chennai media news
healthcare news chennai
designing news chennai
chennai business news

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger templates by pipdig