Saturday, October 19, 2013

10 Golden Pumpkins


I'm still on a gold spray-painting spree, but this time I'm combining it with my love of all things Autumn. 

Also, I found the holy grail of gold spray paint. Forget that Krylon nonsense, Rustoleum is the way to go. This is my new go-to. It goes on incredibly smoothly, and it's so shiny! I found it at Walmart for about $6. 


This took me about a half hour last weekend, and now I have all of these beautiful, inexpensive decorations for Fall. It occurred to me later that I could have used plastic, store-bought pumpkins to have these decorations for years to come. Oh well, next time!


It should be mentioned that I am shamelessly copying this idea from Anthropologie. How lovely would this be for a dinner party?



 I started out with 10 little orange pumpkins. 




I really could not believe how smoothly this went on. 


And look how shiny and pretty!





Once they were dry, I scattered them about my apartment. 









On a side note, did you know that magic eraser gets rid of sharpie lines on pumpkins? 




Look how nice this guy turned out. 




I hope you're enjoying the season as much as I am! (: 


SHARE:

15 comments

Ashley said...

I'm pretty well set for this year, but I think I'm going to have to do some serious clearance shopping (and altering) for next year ... Fabulous!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

your apartment is so homey looking! I did this with dollar store pumpkins last year and still am enjoying them this year. my spray paint was no where near as shiny as this paint though!

Abbey said...

Did this exact thing to my pumpkins last week! Love this idea!

Michelle said...

I recently ditched Krylon spray paint, too! I couldn't believe how much nicer the other stuff I bought went on (can't remember the name off the top of my head).

Małgorzata Zakrzewska said...

I love it! Great idea!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Now I kind of want to go on a gold spree, too!

Jessica @ One Crafty Cupcake said...

Random question...

Where are you dining chairs from?

milecar said...

Pearls and gemstones have been known to have a healing element to them. So, why not check out the beautiful gemstones jewellery london experts at Vanitto have choosen for you and enjoy your daily in a healthy and fashionable manner?

Katy said...

Chairs are from World Market! (:

Unknown said...

So happy to see a post from you! Show us your classroom please!

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I love your dining room table decor! It's gorgeous!

Jeanelle said...

Did you make your table runner? It's so perfect! P.S. I love your blog! I'm a recent grad at the University of Washington and its great to see someone my age with an amazing blog!

Unknown said...

Good recieved blog post! mate no doubted liked looking at the wicked blog post! lots A really well constructed post. Thanks very a lot for posting this. Also, I wish to level out that youve a superb theme to your blog! Sustain the good work!
jeux de ninja

Minhaz Uddin said...

Nice post..... I like it
theme/skin pack for windows 7

customized gifts for him said...

Thank you for coming to my shop. My online shop provides Pretty and customized gifts ! include accent pillow case baby canvas housewarming gift,personalized housewarming gifts,most popular housewarming gifts and other gifts!
accent pillow case baby canvas housewarming gift
accent pillow case baby canvas housewares
accent pillow case baby burlap living room deco

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger templates by pipdig