Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peach Oolong Tea: a recipe




I'm back from camp and it was absolutely amazing. It felt so great to see all of our hard work pay off and see our kids have a great time. We had 7 wonderful girls in our cabin and I loved getting to know them and their stories. It was week full of a lot of laughs and also some tears. I wish I could share pictures with you all but it's against Kesem's policy. Can't wait for next year!

I apologize for being such a bum blogger as of late. August has been an absolutely crazy month for me. Between vacation, camp, and preparing for some upcoming guest posts I haven't had much time to sew.  On top of every thing I just moved back to College Station and still have this to tackle:


Eventually this will become my sewing space:


I hope to get back on track in September with some fun, fall sewing projects!

Okay back to the purpose of this post...

While in Epcot earlier this month we stopped for a Peach Oolong Tea in "China". It was delicious and incredibly refreshing. It seemed simple enough to recreate so, this is my best effort.


Ingredients:

Sliced Peaches 
(canned, fresh, or from a jar)

Tea 
(couldn't find oolong, so I settled for green)

Fresh Peaches 
(for garnish)

Sweetner
(I used sweet n' low but you could use honey or agave for a more natural sweetner)


Recipe:

Begin by making a quart of tea according to the package directions.



Drain peaches


Measure roughly 1 cup


and grind to a very fine puree.


Cut up your peach for garnish


Combine the tea and the peach puree. Cool down in the fridge for about an hour or so before drinking. 

Be sure to sweeten to your taste and enjoy!




Yummy and refreshing. 




And yes, it does taste better out of a mason jar (:







...

SHARE:

16 comments

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

man, i really hate tea, but even this looks good to me haha! glad you had a fun time at camp! :)

Wife Goes On said...

I positively LOVE Snapple Diet peach tea, but hate the cost. I can't wait to try this, as well as making an ironing board cover. THanks for sharing!

GracieLeigh said...

Glad you had a good time at camp! It's good to have you back!

Jessica said...

simple syrup is a good sweetener, too, and it dissolves evenly in the tea :)

I love making iced mint green tea, but this also looks fabulous!

K_stets said...

That. Looks. Amazing. I must try to make it this weekend! Thanks!!! :)

Chelsea said...

I absolutely LOVE green tea, so I'm super excited to try this recipe :). Thanks for sharing and I'm glad to hear you had a great time at camp!

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Looks incredibly yum!

Sis-O said...

Thank you for all of your posts and tuts. I am dying to see the rest of the quilt that keeps peeping into your pics. in your "soon to be sewing room" pic it is just to the right of the photo. I love the colors I am seeing and trying to discern the pattern. It looks so "Anthropologie."

Bryan & Suzanne said...

I made this & LOVED it! I used fresh white peaches & regular run of the mill tea. Just a little sugar to sweeten it up & it was amazing!

Unknown said...

This looks so simple and yummy!

Budget Earth - Saving Money by Complimenting for Coupons!

Petie said...

I found your recipe a couple of days ago and I really like peaches, besides that, it looks delicious. So I decided to try it out. I am a big tea freak, I have all kinds of teas, but all of them are flavored, so instead of using green tea or oolong, I chose just regular chamomile tea. I was a bit afraid, but in the end it surprised me. I think it works with every kind of tea. Yummy! =)

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! There is nothing like a good glass of peach iced tea. Making your own sounds like a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Katy, this looks delicious!

I have to try it, maybe with other types of fruits too.

Hugs
Frida

www.fridaspeach.wordpress.com

Unknown said...


Nice article and wonderful picture. I like drinking Oolong Tea too. Why not have a visit to our website:
http://www.teastores.net, you can also buy so many styles of yixing teapot here.

Unknown said...

I will use my homemade canned peaches - I know just how much sugar I like (not much), and everything is organic. Hmm, this might be fun with some of my other canned fruits from summer - how about blackberries?

Samuel said...

I just love this tea, especially love to make it with ice and drink it on a Sunny and hot day in the summer. It's just perfectly refreshing. I read a lot of interesting things about tea on the site amanzitea.com and now constantly experimenting with different varieties and combinations of fruit. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger templates by pipdig