Saturday, May 26, 2012

Scalloped Shorts

My friend Tyler posted this clever DIY video to my facebook wall a couple of weeks back. She's one of few of my friends that enjoys crafty stuff as much as I do. So she came over and we made an afternoon of scalloping some shorts. Mine were originally bootcut jeans, purchased from Goodwill for a few bucks. 


I love this fresh take on summer cut-offs. So flirty and feminine. 


A little bit of fray check on the ends helps to ensure these shorts don't get eaten up in the dryer. A straight stitch following the scallop pattern would be an even better way to keep fraying minimal.


Check out the video for more details on how to get a nice, even scallop. *Note* We used an air erasable fabric marker to trace the scallop design rather than pinning it on like she does in the video. I think that makes it a little bit easier.

Have a great weekend!

...

4 comments:

Allyson Butler said...

These are so cute! I may have to make some for the beach!

LuvLayci said...

So cute! I might have to try these too.

Rebecca Grace said...

These are darling! Too bad the body snatchers stole my cute little butt and skinny legs after I had kids... Do you think the scalloped edge would look stupid on longer shorts?

Miss F. said...

Those shorts look awesome! I made one for myself too, I would be glad if you check it out on my blog :)

http://funandoblivious.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...