Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Gold Glitter Art

I love simple projects that provide instant gratification. This is one of those. This took about an hour from beginning to end, but now I have a fun piece of artwork for my bathroom.

I started with a primed wooden cradle board. These were on sale at Michaels for 50% off. 

Using my favorite gold spray paint, I gave the board a couple of coats.

This is the same spray paint I used here and here. It's quickly turning out to be one of my favorite crafting tools. 

Using my Silhouette, I selected a design and applied the vinyl securely to the dried board. 

A little Mod Podge...

...plus a healthy dose of glitter, and I was done! 

Ready for its new place on the bathroom counter. 

As for the other boards, they made great drawer organizers. (: 



Sew Couture - Aisha J. said...

What a really cute idea...thanks for sharing!

Truthfully Yours, Dahlia said...

I love this DIY definitely making this for my bedroom!

Jeanelle said...

So cool! Makes me want to get a silhouette! I would love to see any of your wedding DIYs, I'm getting married this year too!

lee woo said...

Never say there is nothing beautiful in the world anymore. There is always something to make you wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf. See the link below for more info.


Silvia Jacinto said...

Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me, I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too. The link is posted below.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...